Monday, June 20, 2011

WHAT CAN BE SAID OF LOVE?

What can be said of love?
That has not been spoken of,
In a million ways,
And on a million tongues?

In vain,
We try giving form,
To the formless,
Like attempting,
To capture light,
In a small glass jar.

Many moons ago,
I thought,
I knew what love was,
But thinking,
Has no part in this.

When I looked,
Into the eyes,
Of the Beloved,
I gave myself,
To infinity.

Once there,
I was captivated,
By the mysteries,
Of worlds,
Within worlds.

Now,
There is,
No hope,
For me.

You see,
I am gone,
Having realized,
I am drunkenly,
And,
Hopelessly,
Lost,
In,
You.

13 comments:

  1. I think when the love is real, we see clearer. Lost means infatuation.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce Namaste,

    And thank you for your comment. This poem is referring to mystical union and merging with the Infinite, when the small 'i' disappears into the I AM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, that was beautiful! I wish I had your gift with words, poetry, but we each share in different ways. Your style has such peace and balance. I admire you for that especially. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is the just the best poem ever. I love every stanza. It creates such a beautiful sense of surrender. Thanks for sharing this Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie Namaste,

    Thank you so much for your lovely and supportive words. I really appreciate your encouragement.

    Om and Blessings,

    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love...the way ...you become reflected light and bounce it off like that in cyber space..hehe keep on FLOWING!! YES!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great poem!

    www.kateescapenj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is tremendous! I love the line: 'But thinking has no part in this.' Isn't that the truth! Bravo

    ReplyDelete